Keep feral and outside cats warm as the temperatures drop this winter. I first learned about cat shelters when I attended a feral cat workshop sponsored by CATco, Cat Assistance Team of Central Ohio. There are plans for making shelters for your outside cat on several web sites and the links are listed.
Please check out all of these great sites to keep your kitties warm, dry, and safe this winter:
- Feral Cat Shelter Gallery
- Instructions for Building a Cat Shelter
- FeralVilla.com Purchase a Cat Shelter
- Truck Topper Shelter (PDF)
- 18 Gallon Plastic Tub Cat Shelters (PDF)
- Build a Rubbermaid Storage Cat Shelter
Tucker, my outside cat, in his well-built and insulated cat house — the plans for this cat house came from the Alley Cat Allies web site. My good friend, Richard Murray, built it for my kitties.