To Adopt a Cat or Kitten from B & O:
- You must own your own home or have written permission from your landlord to own pets.
- You must be willing to make the commitment to care for this cat for its lifetime. Cats can live 15—20 years and in some cases can live longer. Are you willing to make a 20 year commitment to this new kitty?
- All other pets in the household must be spayed or neutered and up- to-date on vaccinations.
- All other cats in the household must have tested negative for feline leukemia and feline AIDS (FIV)
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- All cats are for inside only homes. If you are looking for vaccinated/spayed or neutered outside/“barn cats,” please contact us. We always have feral cats that need safe homes.
- All cats come from our area, so you would be helping a needy cat in your own community.
- B & O does not declaw and we do not adopt to homes where declawing will be done. We will, however, work with you to find an already declawed kitty. To learn more about declawing, please visit www.declawing.com
All of our cats and kittens have been:
- Examined by a veterinarian
- Spayed or neutered
- Treated for parasites and fleas as needed
- Tested (negative) for feline leukemia and FIV
- Vaccinated (FVRCP and Rabies)
B & O does not operate a shelter. Our adoptable cats and kittens are all living in foster homes with dedicated volunteers. We have many, many kitties looking for forever homes. Our adoptable cats are listed on Petfinder, a national adoption web site.
We will also soon have cats and kittens available to visit at the PetSmart located on Sawmill Road in Columbus.
- Cats may exhibit inappropriate litter box or marking behaviors. There are many things that can be done to correct this, but you must be willing to work with the kitty.
- Cats require time to adjust to your home and family
- Cats may chew or eat items in your house and/or scratch your furniture
“Never ever let your human dress you up in a costume or any other type of clothing that they consider ‘cute.’ While this may be appropriate behavior for a dog, it is completely humiliating for a cat. Dogs will do anything for their owners. We cats have our limits. If your human ever tries to put hats or sweaters on you, don't put up with it. I never would. Bite, scratch, and hiss. But don't be caught in a costume!!! Be especially careful at Halloween. That seems to be when humans decide it would be funny to see a cat in a ‘Top Hat and Tails’ or other nonsense.”
It may take 2—3 days to process your application. We will contact you to arrange a visit with the kitty of your choice. Please email your application to email@example.com or print out the application and mail to P. O. Box 126, Plain City, Ohio 43064
- Download and mail in our application form
- Adoption fee is $75 and is non-refundable
- Black and Orange Cat Foundation reserves final judgment on adoption applications in order to match cats with the best homes
- Application is subject to verification and may be denied
Download Adoption Application Form
To download, right click on the link and chose: Save Target As.